Sunday, April 24, 2011

Food Inc.

My boyfriend and I watched this documentary together and it has just left us disgusted and horrified!
The documentary details the truth behind many of the food "products" we consume, where they came from and who is being destroyed to get it to us!
I am just so shocked to see high fructose corn syrup in so many of the food items in my cupboards.
I do not buy junk food as it is, but to find it is also an included ingredient in the "healthy" whole wheat bread I buy, pisses me off! Why does whole wheat bread NEED to have high fructose corn syrup!
Chemicals and additives are in everything Americans typically eat and no wonder we are so sick!
It makes me feel so guilty, because I am guilty of the pervasive laziness that perpetuates this to continue.
When I was married I had the money to ear organic and my ex demanded home cooked meals. We did not eat processed meals.
That marriage left me feeling like a slave of the kitchen or well just a slave period but the eating was the healthiest we had ever done!
The year and a half since I have been back in the states has been a huge adjustment in time. I have been in school full time and dont have the time to sit around and think about what home made fresh meal I am going to make! So many times it has just been easier to pop in a stouffers lasagna or "sigh" tyson chicken nuggets.
It makes me feel sick that I feed my cats better than I feed my kids! Its all laziness and poor time management.
I have struggled with my weight here for the first time in my life! I dont really eat more than I used too but the quality has been so diminished.
Organics and healthy food is more expensive but in the last week I have found great sales and have not really spent more than normal.
I am going to take the time to realign my time and organize myself a bit so that I can feed my kids responsibly. They love healthy foods! I dont want them to grow up eating the way we have in the last year and a half because they deserve better!

No comments:

Post a Comment